Are you a senior high school student looking to gain leadership experience, be a mentor and role model and take the experience you have gained and pass it along to younger girls within your schools and communities? Are you passionate about the issues facing girls & young women today and taking action to make a difference? Then starting a FearlesslyGiRL Chapter at your school, community centre or youth group is for you!
FGOC is an in-school, girl-to-girl leadership & mentoring program for high school girls. Our “Fearless Leaders” receive leadership training and materials throughout the year and trains senior students (grade 11 & 12) to be mentors, leaders and positive role models, and provides them with the tools they need to facilitate monthly workshops for younger girls in their schools or local elementary/middle schools, run monthly campaigns, and plan transition/orientation and follow up activities for incoming grade 8/9 girls.
FGOC is the Non-Profit arm of FearlesslyGiRL dedicated to building a community of girls across the country who support, encourage & elevate each other, and create a culture of kindness & sisterhood in schools from coast to coast. The mission of FGOC is to provide young women with unique leadership opportunities within their schools and communities, build sisterhood, boost self-esteem, spread kindness and be positive role models for younger girls. Our fearless leaders empower girls to be strong, confident, fearless young women through weekly meetings, workshops, events, campaigns, and community service activities.
- Help increase leadership ability and experience for all chapter members
- Build a support network for every girl on campus
- Raise awareness on campus of various issues affecting girls today
- Encourage an honest conversation about “girl world” and help create an environment of support and sisterhood
- Help girls transition easily into high school
- Create a safe environment where girls can connect, express themselves authentically and celebrate what makes them beautifully unique!
Fearless Leader Criteria:
- Be a grade 11 or 12 student enrolled in high school
- Be passionate and dedicated about growing and maintaining your chapter, being a rockin’ role model, and inspiring your girls to be authentic and totally fearless.
- Have an advisor (teacher)to sponsor your chapter and attend meetings.
- Commit to completing an info sheet about your chapter and its activities and e mail or fax it to us every month (It takes less than 5 minutes, we promise!).
Here’s what you get:
- Leader Handbook – Filled with girl facts & stats, activities, ice breakers, workshop outlines, how to information on monthly campaigns, transition activities, fundraising, community service and more.
- Monthly video conference call with Kate and other Fearless Leaders from across the country.
- Access to a special “members only” part of this website with leader tools, message boards to connect with other leaders, monthly video conferences, and downloadable goodies to help promote your chapter
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Yearly leadership training conferences and events for Leaders ONLY!
- T-shirts, posters, stickers and other fun items for your chapter
Ready to jump on board and start your very own chapter? Just fill out our simple Chapter Registration Form and we will be in touch! Once you are an approved chapter, we will send you the Fearless Leader Handbook with the Getting Started Guide & Curriculum with everything you need to get you started!