Our fun, interactive and inspiring half day FearlesslyGiRL In School Summit is specifically designed to target the unique challenges girls face and provides them with the tools and confidence to create a kinder, more supportive Girl World. Girls participate in group discussions and activities designed to boost self-esteem and create a sense of sisterhood and support, and schools are left with extensive follow up support and activities to keep the message of kindness going throughout the year.
Our half day school program is a life changing experience for the girls in your school, designed to create a safe, conversational environment to help girls break down barriers, open up, share experiences, forgive each other, repair broken relationships and increase self-esteem, self-respect and self-worth.
We offer a 2 hour Jr Summit for girls in grades 5-8, a Sr Summit for girls in grades 9-12 and a Post-Secondary Summit for young women in college or university.
Topics covered include:
- Self Esteem, Body Image & The Pressure To Be Perfect
- Girl World Relationships: Conflict resolution tips and building healthy relationships
- Online DRAMA! Navigating the complicated word of girl’s online relationships
- Self Respect & Self Worth: Helping girls discover authentic confidence and inspire it in others
- The Power of KiND: Inspiring girls to connect with and support each other, commit acts of kindness and build a kinder Girl World
Part 1: Leadership Training. We trains female peer leaders to act as mentors and run programs, activities and events for younger girls within the school community during the Summit and though out the year.
Part 2: Inspirational Keynote. Girls experience an inspirational, motivational and fun keynote presentation covering the complexities of girl world relationships, self-esteem, and unrealistic pressures and expectations, providing girls with solid strategies to start creating change in their lives and schools.
Part 3: Interactive Workshop. Girls are divided into groups of 10 lead by 1-2 peer leaders who facilitate powerful conversations and activities designed to help girls break down barriers, connect with each other and develop stronger relationships and a deeper understanding that as girls, we really are all on the same team.
Bring A Summit To Your School This Year!
Please contact us to inquire about booking a Summit or to receive our Summit Info Packing with pricing and fundraising info!
- Pre-Summit phone sessions/e mails to help co-design the summit to best fit your school’s needs.
- A pre-summit package including workshop materials, leadership handbook (with pre-event activities) and checklist to help plan the summit.
- Leadership training workshop for peer leaders. We require at least 1-2 peer leaders per 10 girls participating. (Peer leaders ideally are chosen from a cross section of the student body and include a mixture of identified leaders and girls from different backgrounds.)
- Full group keynote for all the girls participating (can accomodate up to 500 girls).
- Interactive workshop for girls facilitated by Kate and the Peer Leaders in groups of 8-12, discussing important topics, sharing stories and doing activities designed to increase sisterhood, kindness, self-esteem and create a more supportive Girl World within the school.
- Optional parent/educator evening Girl World 2.0 Workshop
- Follow up materials, support and activities
- Copies of The Empowered Girl’s 9 Life Lessons
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
- Over 70 percent of girls age avoid normal daily activities, such as attending school, when they feel bad about their looks.
- 75 percent of girls with low self- esteem engage in negative activities, such as disordered eating, bullying, smoking or drinking.This compares to 25 percent of girls with high self- esteem.
- 7 in 10 girls believe that they are not good enough or don’t measure up in some way, including in school and relationships with friends and family members.
- 88% of social media-using teens say they have seen someone be mean or cruel to another person on a social network site.
Why host a Summit?
Hosting a Summit is a great way to ensure that girls get an opportunity and a safe space to come together, share and discuss important “Girl World” topics, break down barriers, connect with each other, and realize they are on the same team. We are happy to offer year round support and follow up materials & activities to keep the message of kindness going throughout the year, classroom discussions for the boys, a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the option to host a free parent night.
What is the perfect venue?
The perfect venue can easily accommodate all the participants comfortably, and allows for girls to sit in their “pods” or groups as well as face the front during presentations. A gym is a great choice, and chairs are recommended if possible.
What A/V needs do you have?
We require a hand held mic, a screen and a projector.
What materials are needed?
Materials vary based on group activities, but usually are limited to markers, paper, pens and handouts. We bring all the handouts, cards and other materials.
What is the vibe?
We strive for a vibe of fun, sisterhood and empowerment. The best results are when girls come into the day with a clear understanding of what to expect, the desired outcomes, and a familiarity with Kate and the mission of FearlesslyKiND. Included in your Program Prep Packs are pre event classroom discussions and activities, as well as marketing materials (posters, etc) to get the girls excited and prepared to get the most out of the day.
What happens after a Summit?
We provide long term support following the Summit, including follow up activities and classroom discussions (for girls and boys) to help keep the kindness going throughout the school year.
Do you have other funding options?
We understand that budgets can be a factor in bring our program to your school, so we are happy to work with you to help secure funding or find local sponsors or community partners to cover the cost in order to bring FearlesslyKiND to your school. Just ask us – we’re friendly!
What is the best time of the ear to host a Summit?
We do two National tours a year – once in the Fall and again in the Spring. Both are great times, but we recommend the Fall if possible as it’s the perfect way to kick the school year off in a positive way, and students have an entire year to continue building relationships with their peers and pod leaders. The Fall tour sells our every year, so be sure to book early to ensure we can stop by your school!